Digital marketing is a constantly evolving field, so we’ve created this introductory list to give you a starting point for who to follow and what to read to keep up to date. We’ve broken the list into these sections:
Digital Marketing Companies to follow on Twitter
- Digital Marketers to follow on Twitter
- News sites and blogs
- Podcasts and videos
- Educational courses, guides and resources
- Events (free and paid)
Digital Marketers to follow on Twitter
- Rand Fishkin - Founder and former CEO of Moz, as well as an author and co-founder of inbound.org. He specialises in SEO and content, and is great to follow for digital updates and blogs.
- Kelvin Newman - Founder and MD of Rough Agenda, the company that organises events like BrightonSEO and Measurefest. Follow for updates on these events and general digital chat.
- Larry Kim - Founder of Wordstream, conference speaker and frequent blogger for sites like Search Engine Land and Moz. Follow for info on entrepreneurship, content, social and paid ads.
- Avinash Kaushik - Web analytics specialist, author and creator of popular blog Occam’s Razor. Avinash is a must follow for anyone interested in digital analytics.
- Lee Odden - Lee is CEO of digital marketing agency TopRank Marketing. He is also an author and public speaker, specialising in digital marketing and PR.
- Jeff Bullas - Entrepreneur, blogger, author, marketer and speaker. Follow for posts about content marketing, general digital marketing and entrepreneurship.
- Barry Schwartz - News editor of Search Engine Land and founder of Search Engine Roundtable, a popular search blog. He also owns New York web consultancy firm, Rusty Brick.
- Will Critchlow - Founder and CEO of Distilled, blogger and hoster of the SearchLove conference. Follow for posts on SEO, content marketing and event updates.
- Julie Dodd - Director of Digital Transformation at Parkinsons UK and author of The New Reality, a research study about how digital technology can deliver change.
- Mike Street - Hosts SmallBrownVoices, a popular business podcast. Posts about business, entrepreneurship and general digital marketing.
- Nathalie Nahai - ‘Web psychologist’, conference speaker and best-selling author. Nathalie tweets about how we can use psychology to improve our digital efforts.
- Matt Collins - Founder and managing director of Platypus Digital, which specialises in digital marketing for non-profits. Follow for posts about digital marketing in the charity sector.
- Daniel Gilbert - Founder of London-based digital agency, Brainlabs. Specialises in PPC and posts regularly about PPC and general search marketing updates.
- Anna Lewis - Founder of Polka Dot Data, conference speaker and blogger. Expert in Digital Analytics, but also experienced in SEO and PPC. Follow mostly for tweets about analytics.
- Lisa Myers - Founder of London-based digital agency, Verve. Posts regularly about entrepreneurship, business, SEO and general digital marketing.
- Seth Godin - Best selling author and public speaker. Writes about business, how things change, the way ideas spread, marketing, leadership and a host of other interesting topics.
- Danny Sullivan - Founding Editor of Marketing Land and Search Engine Land. Follow for regular posts on SEO, PPC and general Google updates.
- Brian Dean - Founder of Backlinko and expert in SEO. Follow him for actionable posts about general digital marketing and SEO.
- Aleyda Solis - Founder of Oraniti, a digital agency specialising in International SEO. Also a regular blogger, conference speaker and author. Follow for tweets about International SEO.
- Alexandra Tachalove - Founder of Digital Olympus, a free online digital marketing conference. Expect tweets across a range of digital marketing topics and updates on the next Digital Olympus.
- Purna Virji - Senior Bing Ads Training Manager and international speaker. Mostly tweets about Bing ads, but also covers broader digital marketing topics.